Flickering black to white, I dwell in a widdendream of stark opportunity. Lost in a sea supreme of suppositions I never quite fulfill; I walk a razor's edge in this surreality, leaving bloody footprints in my wake.

This winding dream slices through my vernacular leaving my tongue bleeding. A widening dreamscape painted for posterity;
showcasing a syntax of sharpened widdendreams.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Beginning Again

I've always been the stop and start kind of person, and sometimes it really gets on my nerves. Like this blog, I was doing so good for a while then STOP. Now I've pressed START again, and I guess that's ok but there are other stop and start things that bother me more. Like the books I've tried to write, or my second poetry book I've tried to finish. I went hard and heavy with this latest book and got lots of chapters done, got it all worked out as far as outlines, worked out character information then STOP. And I haven't really been able to pick it up again.

Well let's see if I can do a quick recap of my life since I haven't been on in a while:

1. I took way too many vacations this year. By the last one I was worn plumb out. I went to Savannah, Georgia. Then Omaha, NE. Then North Carolina. Then Washington DC. Then Myrtle Beach. This was from April - June alone! Yikes! By Washington I was sick as a dog and ended up barely making it back to the hotel room after the first day and wasn't able to go out again, threw up all the way home, and boy it was not fun being sick. Myrtle Beach wasn't bad though cause I slept the whole damn time pretty much!

2. Couple years ago I met a wonderful friend named Andy, and he has become a very dear best friend. I have visited him in Omaha twice now, and he's come to see me once and will be here again in end of September. We are going to see Kamelot. We went to see Nightwish last time he was here.

3. I've done some pretty fun photo shoots over the past few years, including one which almost ended me up in jail! Apparently the cops don't like it when you trespass (I didn't see the sign) and take photos of a naked lady. Ha!

Well, that's all I can think of right off. My boys are bigger than me now, Josiah is over 6 feet tall, good grief! They did well in school, Joe was in marching band last year. They are starting school soon, Hudson in 8th grade and quite the honor student, and Josiah in 10th grade, taking two different band classes. He's a great musician.

Now if I can stop them from turning into locusts and eating me out of house and home...

No comments:

Post a Comment