Flickering black to white, I dwell in a widdendream of stark opportunity. Lost in a sea supreme of suppositions I never quite fulfill; I walk a razor's edge in this surreality, leaving bloody footprints in my wake.

This winding dream slices through my vernacular leaving my tongue bleeding. A widening dreamscape painted for posterity;
showcasing a syntax of sharpened widdendreams.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Beltane Postcard Craft



Tonight I took the time to be a bit crafty. I've got boxes of craft supplies but I don't always feel the muse in my head. But, I saw a swap on swap-bot.com concerning making a Beltane postcard, so I tried my hand at it. I'm a huge fan of Emily Dickinson so this quote from a poem just seemed perfect. I had some interesting stripy paper that I found for the fires of Bel, and I colored it a bit. I had some inspiration online with the letter arrangement, but I cut the letters out freehand from some red plaid paper. The green paper behind is some very interesting handmade paper that has little leaves and other organic bits all meshed into it.

I'm happy with it. I made a copy on my printer for me to keep, and I collage-pauged the original. I don't know if I'll mail it without an envelope yet, or not - gonna wait and see how sturdy it is once it dries. The swap says you can write a poem about Beltane to go along with it, but I haven't been inspired yet. I've got several Winter Solstice poems I've written but Beltane/May Day just hasn't given me inspiration. I just need a word, or a word picture or something.......hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment