Flickering black to white, I dwell in a widdendream of stark opportunity. Lost in a sea supreme of suppositions I never quite fulfill; I walk a razor's edge in this surreality, leaving bloody footprints in my wake.

This winding dream slices through my vernacular leaving my tongue bleeding. A widening dreamscape painted for posterity;
showcasing a syntax of sharpened widdendreams.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter 2010

Awake, thou wintry earth -
Fling off thy sadness!
Fair vernal flowers, laugh forth
Your ancient gladness!
~Thomas Blackburn, "An Easter Hymn"


Here's a photo I took of my boys on Easter 2010 outside of Di Prato's, where Tracie took us for Easter dinner. I had a cheese omelet with grits , turkey sausage and a biscuit and plenty of wonderful sweet tea. It's a delicatessen off Pickens Street and I highly recommend it. I had a bite of Hudson's rosemary ham sandwich - so good. And the coconut cake we had for dessert, yum!

Well the boys are on Spring Break this week, so this should be lots of fun. I'm going try and plan at least a couple things for them, hopefully that doesn't take a lot of money such as going to the park or something. They wanna go on the ghost tour but that's $10 a kid plus $15 for me so I think that's too rich for our bloods this week. I think I'll take them in the fall, perhaps near Halloween. Maybe the construction on the church will be done by then and we can actually go around in the graveyard at night on it. Scary!

I worked out in the garden today, planting my butterfly garden and some bulbs. I planted some rannunculus around the bird feeder, I haven't ever grown them but they look absolutely beautiful in the picture so I wanted to grow some. Their bulbs were so tiny and interesting looking.

By the way I decided to separate my craft blog from my personal blog - so if you follow this blog and would rather follow the craft blog (i.e. swap-bot people) feel free to do so. I put a link at the bottom of this blog to it, it's called The Artful Druid. There's one post there right now with an ATC I made in the zetti style.

"Spring makes its own statement, so loud and clear that the gardener seems to be only one of the instruments, not the composer." ~Geoffrey B. Charlesworth

No comments:

Post a Comment