Flickering black to white, I dwell in a widdendream of stark opportunity. Lost in a sea supreme of suppositions I never quite fulfill; I walk a razor's edge in this surreality, leaving bloody footprints in my wake.

This winding dream slices through my vernacular leaving my tongue bleeding. A widening dreamscape painted for posterity;
showcasing a syntax of sharpened widdendreams.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Fine Spring Day


Today was a fine spring day, and my kids are on spring break so I decided to take them and their friends to the park. That didn't work out so well, as Saluda Shoals water park isn't opened until the 24th (why? it's spring break!). So, we went down to the river by the zoo. It was PACKED, I couldn't believe how many people were down there hanging out and swimming. Hudson was fearless swimmming out in the river and getting on the rocks, scared me a couple times, but they had a great time. I did take a lot of photos but I haven't uploaded them yet. I'll add a photo tomorrow to this blog entry.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so maybe we'll head to get Josiah's new glasses. He broke his, boy am I tired of replacing glasses for him! I got plastic ones thinking he wouldn't break them as easy as wire rim, but it doesn't matter - he always finds a way to mess them up.

We had chicken fried rice tonight, and it was delicious but as I sit here I am hungry! I know we have some hummus and pita in the fridge but I want a bit more substantial food item. Maybe I'll make me a sandwich - or called a sammich by people in my family. Truly southern.

I miss hearing my grandmother talk to me about arning something (ironing) and how something smelled like cyarn (carrion) or how she was growing flyers (flowers). She died about 12 years ago, I can't believe it's been so long. I still miss her like she died yesterday. I was dreaming about her the other night, twice in fact. The first dream I was at her house on Doreen Avenue cleaning while she was at work (something I often did) and she came home and lay on the couch. She then said "I'm going to die, I bet you're going to take all my stuff" and I immediately said "Mawmaw, I love you and I would rather have you in my life than having anything you could own." She got up off the couch and went back to work. The second dream I can't remember as vividly but I was at her house again. I loved that house and it kinda broke my heart when she sold it. I grew up there, was brought home from the hospital there and it's where I pretty much considered "home" since my family moved around so much. I have pets buried in the back yard and everything. Just a little Florida block house with a couple bedrooms, and a rain tree that I planted as a child that grew so big I could climb up in the branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment